Monday, December 14, 2009

A Baby

Dear Santa,

I thought that you had read my list of wants for Christmas this year but it seems that you over looked the one thing I really really wanted A Baby! So since Aunt Flow has decided to bless me with a visit this morning, I have now decided that it is time to call the doctor to get on the dreaded fertility drugs. So I guess I wasn't as good of a girl as I thought I was this year. Sad.

Sincerely,
Sweetness

Praying For A Miracle





For most of you this is a subject I haven't talked about freely. Its a pretty sensitive subject for me only because its something I am still excepting, understand & dealing with. This past September after trying for baby #2 for 6 months, having test after test done, having horrible cramps & bloating, to not having my monthly cycle for months at a time & completely feeling depressed about never getting answers to why; I was told that in order for me to have another child I would have to go on fertility treatments due to having a condition called PCOS (Polycysitc Ovary Syndrome)  The doctor told me it was a miracle that I ever conceived naturally & that Sweet Pea is a true blessing to be thankful for. So she said that she could put me on Clomiphene or Metformin & start treatment right away, but I told her not yet, that I still wanted to try naturally & that I wanted to read up on this to be informed before making a decision. Some of you may know I am not one to take medicine not even when I have a killer headache that makes my head feel like it is going to explode or when I am sick with the flu.. my usual method for healing is sleep soup & love from Stud Muffin & Sweet Pea. So for me to get on this medicine is really a challenge for me as a person (I know I am so stubborn). But it is something I am going to finally except & do because not only do I want another baby but so does Stud Muffin & Sweet Pea is in dyer need of a sibling!! So I made the decision to call my doctor this morning to see when I can start on the fertility! As I sit here waiting for 9 AM to make the call i feel nervous & scared & hopeful this will work! I have done a lot of research on this drug & I am curious to see as to how long it will take for me to conceive & how the side affects will be for me considering that with any drug there is always a side affect & one of the reasons I don't like medicine is because I seem to get all the side affects. I know that with any fertility drug my chances of having multiples are higher which is a little scary but I know that if that is what God has decided for us then it is what is meant to be. Also I know that I am suppose to start taking the medicine within 5 to 9 days of starting my monthly cycle & on the 7th day I should start to ovulate.. the one thing my body does not know how to do. So I am praying that this isn't a long process like some have to go through & that it is painless & non time consuming. But even if this does not work by 6 months I know there are other drugs out there that may. I am just praying for another miracle here so I hope that God hear's our prayers & will bless us with another child or two or six even(scary)! So keep us in your thoughts & prayers & hopefully baby Flores #2 will be on their way in 2010.