Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sippy Cup Dilemma

So I am tired today.. beyond tired. Shiloh was up on & off all night due to being sick {so I think that is why} so I finally just brought her in our room early this morning. I then woke up to her kicking me in the face babbling who knows what with the cutest smile ever. So I bring her downstairs half awake but knowing this is the start of the day at a quarter to eight. So I decided to be a nice mommy {especially since I am tired} & give her dry cereal & her milk to have in the living room. So I am sitting here glancing over at her on the other end of the couch & notice she spills her cereal so I ask her to pick it up.. & surprisingly she does. I then see her trying to get the milk out of her sipping cup into her bowl of dry cereal & I tell her no. I then see her dump ALL the cereal onto the couch so I go over there to pick it up & find that she has poured her milk all over two of the couch cushions. So I take the milk away tell her that was very bad & I am now washing the two couch covers. I just don't get how a 17 month old knows or why she even wants to spill her milk purposely on things. This isn't the first time she has done this & I am sure it is not the last but I just don't get it. I try to find sippy cups that she won't figure it out on how to get the milk out but I have been so unsuccessful. I don't think there is a sippy cup out there that does not spill or leak. If you know of or have ones that don't leak or spill please do share.

My couch now as I am washing the covers
This is Shiloh & the "I AM A MONSTER" look
This "I love making mommy work early in the morning" look