Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Girls Day Out

So yesterday my mother in law & I left Shiloh with Daddy bear & had a day of girl time. You know I can honestly say that I truly needed this. I can't remember the last time I was Shiloh free for a day of girl time.. I love my daughter so don't take this the wrong way but I hardly take time away for myself. So my mother in law called last week & said she would like to spend a day with me which was nice to hear because it has been awhile since we have spent time together one on one. So she picked me up yesterday at 11am & we first started out with lunch at Coho's. We had a glass of wine {which made me feel a little funny since I hardly drink} ate some scrumptious food & had great adult conversation. Then after lunch we did some browsing at Ross {where I found the perfect chair for our new room at our new place} then we headed over to get pedicures. I tell you I love being pampered & I haven't had a pedi since August so I was so in need of it. I have to say it was so nice to have this time with her to talk about things & to laugh together. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful mother in law & I honestly enjoy her company. We have had a lot going on lately & for a few months now we have been a little distant & butting heads so this exactly what I needed. I need to do this more & not just with my mother in law but with my sister in laws & friends too I need to make more time for me outside of my mommyland/wifeworld.. I think it helps keep me sane LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment