Saturday, March 6, 2010

Necklace Frame

Are you tired of your necklaces getting all knotted or not remembering what ones you have? Well if so I have a solution.. it's simple fun & easy to make & its a conversational piece.. a Necklace Frame. I have been wanting to do this for so long & I finally got around to it. I got the idea online but I honestly can't remember where. So here is how I did it:

-1-First you will need a frame {I had one that I never used anymore}. The size just depends on how big you want it to be & how many necklaces you will be hanging.

-2-Second you will need to get spray paint in the color of you choice. I used Valspar Odd's N Ends fast dry enamel spray paint in Creme.

-3-Third you will need to get contact paper cork board. It comes in a roll.

-4-Fourth use either cardboard or newspaper so that you don't kill your grass or stain the concrete. You will want to spray paint the frame Outside! Spray until your get the desired color.

-5-Fifth cut the contact paper cork board to the size of the frame backing.

-6-Sixth once the frame is dry place the cork board in side. Then take small nails & place them in desired location & hang your necklaces from them & hang on the wall.
Hope you like.. if you make one I would love to see your finished product so please do share :-)