Monday, March 1, 2010

Not My Child Monday



So this is my first Not My Child Monday.. I hope its a success.

So this past week we all had a horrible cold & we bought Shiloh a Vick's Humidifier for her room.. well the other day I thought I would let her play in her room after I finished getting her dressed & while I got ready to head out to run some errands... well it was Not My Child that decided to take apart the humidifier & play in the water that was left.. no my child would never be so smart to know how to disassemble it. Once I was done & ready to go I went to get her & found that she reeked of Vick's & was soaking wet.. as well as her floor so for the rest of the day she was no longer referred to as Shiloh.. she was referred to as Vicky Icky:P

So we have been trying to teach Shiloh where her eye's, ears, nose & mouth are.. well she is doing really well with knowing where our eye's are but its Not My Child who thinks that it is Hi instead of Eye I mean who would ever think we are calling it that.. so now not only does she poke your eye out to show you where it is but she also says "Hi". How we are going to correct that I haven't a clue since she thinks that is what we are saying LOL

So we are learning new forms of punishment, we are not going to be parents who spank theie children.. we were doing a little spank on the hand & well it just back fired on us. So lately it has been time out & also making sure she understands what she has done to be in trouble. So we tell her in a stern voice "No Mam & that that is not OK" & then she has to sit next to us on the couch in silence. {Its not easy trust me} Well it is certainly Not My Child that now when we do things such as take a toy away if she is bad or when we are trying to catch her to change her she will looks at us & say "No No" & also spanks us on the hand.. I mean my child would never punish us right.. right LOL

Over the weekend I put Shiloh down for her afternoon nap.. when she woke up I heard her playing in her crib & thought well she sounds content so I will just let her play while I finish up what I was doing. Once she started fussing I went in & it was Not My Child that had taken her diaper off & was playing in her pooh.. I mean what child would want to play in pooh.. it was also Not My Child who seems to have her self covered in it but nothing on the bed or bedding.. weird right.. well after a good scrub in the tub my princess was nice & clean & I now know she must were a onesie or pants when unattended.

Well that is it for this week of Not My Child Monday hope you enjoyed & I look forward to reading what you & your child/children have not been up to this week :-)