Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Love what you do & do what you love

So for a long long time now I have wanted to get back into the beauty field. I love all things beauty: Make-up, facial's, hair, fashion.. you name it.. I love it! I have been looking into all avenues of how to get into the field & start a career but still maintain my home life & spend my days with my girl.

One of my friends who I used to work with back in Reno & I used to watch her daughter works for Mary Kay. I was noticing a lot of positive post & comments on her FB page so me of course wanted to know more. I have always wanted to work for Mary Kay I just thought the start up cost were going to be tremendous.. well I was wrong. So I told my friend I wanted to know more. So we chatted on the phone she told me all the amazing things starting your own business has to offer & how wonderful of a company it was & I was sold. So I told the hubby {okay asked} that I was going to sign up & get this thing started. He was excited for me as he always is.. I love the support he gives.

So if you know me you know that I love make-up.. & that I have been thinking of going to school to be an esthetician.. well my dream of making others feel as beautiful as they are is over.. I am officially an Independent Mary Kay Consultant & I couldn't be more excited.

I just signed up yesterday & today I am going to have my orientation & I can't wait to learn more. I feel so excited right now to be doing something that I have wanted to do for so long & that its my own business.. meaning my schedule, my own clients & how I want to run things & that is just awesome because as most people know I love to be in charge :-)

I am so excited for this new chapter in my life to begin & to start meeting some amazing women & doing something I passionate about. Like the saying goes.. "Love what you do & do what you love" & that is for sure what I am doing :-)

Once I get everything rolling I will let you all know!