Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Would You Cringe Over This?

So I am going to admit one of my flaws as a mommy. I allow my daughter to watch TV.. I am one of those people who can't just sit around in silence. I mean Shiloh babbles but she is not nearly as loud as the TV noise. So YES I am a person who has the TV on ALL day pretty much, unless we are reading books, coloring or doing some sort of craft. But its not always cartoons on my TV its Music too. I know.. I know it's horrible. I have tried to not have it on & it is just creepy. I don't like it.
But even thought I do have the TV on most days it is always educational or HGTV & if not it's the music channel.. at night my husband & I of course watch our shows & during nap time I watch my soaps but the rest of the time its.. Yo Gabba Gabba Yo Gabba Gabba Yo or Dora Dora Dora The Explorer LOL. During the day I mostly have  Nick Jr. on I think its one of the better channels. Tell me that is horrible but honestly she doesn't sit glued to the TV.. she is 18 months & her attention span is not that big so most of the time its just background noise. But she does love Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora, The Wiggles & Ni how kai lan but all the other shows she could honestly care less about. I know most will have their own opinion & disagree but she does actually learn from these shows. She says words in the other languages, learns new words & she talks back to the TV all the time when they ask questions. So maybe it can rot your brain but she does also learn from it as well & Stephen & I do know most of the them songs sadly enough LOL.